Wednesday 17 July 2013

My visit to SMMT


Today I went to visit SMMT to discuss the partnerships between Mayday Trust, Foyer Federation and various automotive companies. I was excited to hear about what different manufacturers were doing with the young people that had been working alongside them on their work readiness and employability opportunity.

Various automotive manufacturers including Ford, Toyota, BMW and Unipart Eberspacher have taken on groups of young people from Mayday Trust and Foyer Federation to give them the opportunity to take part in a work placement where they will gain work readiness and employability skills. The aim of this is to get young people ready for work and provide them with a great bit of experience to add to their CV and ultimately tackle youth unemployment.

I will be writing 4 short stories to give an outline of what each company have been offering their candidates and how this has benefited both the company and the young people. I also got the opportunity to interview the interim CEO of SMMT and I hope to upload this soon too.

 

Enjoy :)

Fi :)

1 comment: